Experienced and Affordable Lawyer
Specializing in media and contractual law, I am a bilingual, award-winning lawyer and editor with extensive business experience in Canada, the UK, Japan and Switzerland. In my dual careers, I have worked with many highly respected companies, including Air Canada, Aiglon College, Quebecor, CBC-TV, CJAD Radio, Just for Laughs and currently, the ad agency DentsuBos.
I have negotiated contracts for Academy Award winners, Grammy nominees, multiple film production companies, advertising agencies, animation houses, large-scale publishers, well-known retailers, start-ups, and many other creative-media clients.
With three degrees from McGill University (BA, BCL, LLB), big-firm training (Borden Ladner Gervais) and years of in-house and advisory experience (eg. Yellow Bird Project), I advise clients on a wide array of issues, including copyright clearance and agreements of all types (employment, freelance, settlements, etc), and I am actively involved in contract negotiation and drafting for the music, film, and publishing industries, among others.
As the former Editor of the Montreal Mirror and Strut Magazine, and ex Executive Editor of enRoute Magazine, I have published articles in Canadian Lawyer Magazine and in the CBA’s Addendum. My editorial work has appeared in Time Out London, enRoute, the National, Strut, Royal Wings, AOL, and Cycle Canada to name a few.
- November 2014 – Canadian Lawyer Magazine: The NFL scandals and the law http://www.canadianlawyermag.com/5352/Unsportsmanlike-behaviour.html
- February 2014 – Editorial: Here is my text on the benefits of getting lost when travelling: http://magazine.good.is/articles/why-you-should-get-lost-next-time-you-travel
- May 2013 – Legal: My feature on lawyers and guns: http://canadianlawyermag.com/4634/the-gun-collectors.html
- February 2013: My interview with the new deputy prosecutor of the international criminal court, in Canadian Lawyer magazine: http://
- December 2012: Another new ad campaign I created for an innovative company called FitCorp. FitCorp sets up state of the art gyms inside corporate offices, complete with certified trainers: http://issuu.com/avachisling/docs/fitcorp
- November 2012: Ad campaign I created for the fitness club Blackout in Griffintown, in English and en francais: http://issuu.com/avachisling/docs/englishprices and http://issuu.com/avachisling/docs/french-prices. Special thanks to Davide Giliati, who also designed this website.
- September 2012: My article on ADR in Canadian Lawyer Magazine. http://www.canadianlawyermag.com/4307/the-problem-is-enforcement.html
Winner of the 2011 Gold Kenneth R Wilson Award
Social Media Sites
Issuu – More than 60 published articles