Lawyer. Editor. Writer.
Specializing in media and contractual law, I am a bilingual, award-winning lawyer and editor with extensive business experience in Canada, the UK, Japan and Switzerland. In my dual careers, I have worked with many highly respected companies, including Air Canada, Aiglon College, Quebecor, CJAD Radio, Just for Laughs and ad agencies DentsuBos, BOB and KOZE.
I have negotiated contracts for Academy Award winners, Grammy nominees, multiple film production companies, advertising agencies, animation houses, large-scale publishers, well-known retailers, start-ups, and many other creative-media clients.
With three degrees from McGill University (BA, BCL, LLB), big-firm training (Borden Ladner Gervais) and years of in-house and advisory experience (eg. Yellow Bird Project), I advise clients on a wide array of issues, including copyright clearance and agreements of all types (employment, freelance, settlements, etc), and I am actively involved in contract negotiation and drafting for the music, film, and publishing industries, among others.
As the former Editor of the Montreal Mirror and Strut Magazine, and ex Executive Editor of enRoute Magazine, I have published articles in Canadian Lawyer Magazine and in the CBA’s Addendum. My editorial work has appeared in Time Out London, enRoute, the National, Strut, Royal Wings, AOL, and Cycle Canada to name a few.
- June 2016 – My article on intellectual property and education in this special issue of Canadian Lawyer Magazine: http://digital.canadianlawyermag.com/i/683766-june-2016
- March 2016 – Proud to judge the 2016 National Magazine Awards and the Kenneth R Wilson Awards.
- September 2015 – Canadian Lawyer Magazine: The effects of 3D printing http://issuu.com/avachisling/docs/chisling_-_3d_printing_-_august_201
- November 2014 – Canadian Lawyer Magazine: The NFL scandals and the law http://www.canadianlawyermag.com/5352/Unsportsmanlike-behaviour.html
- February 2014 – Editorial: Here is my text on the benefits of getting lost when travelling: http://magazine.good.is/articles/why-you-should-get-lost-next-time-you-travel
Winner of the 2011 Gold Kenneth R Wilson Award
Social Media Sites
Issuu – More than 60 published articles